Pasta! is one of the trending snacking food which not only the Kids but people of all age group like it. Though its an authentic food originated from Italy, everyone has come up with their own style of Pasta Recipes!
I prepare it in the Bengali Mum’s Style of preparing “Authentic Chowmein”. Try it out to find a different taste of Pasta unlike the Original Italiano Pasta!
- Macaroni (Dry Pasta) – 250 gm (try and get varieties in design)
- Potato (Alu) – 2 pieces standard/medium sized
- Tomato – 3 pieces standard/medium sized
- Green Chillies (Sobuj Lonka) – 3- standard/medium sized
- Cauliflower (fulkofi) – 4 -5 big flowerettes
- Carrot (gajor)- 1 – standard/medium sized
- Green Peas (motor shuti) – a handful
- Capsicum – 1 – standard/medium sized
- Refined Oil – 6 – 7 tbsp (approx. 100ml)
- Tomato Sauce/Ketchup – 60 ml ( dilute it a little by adding some water if its ketchup)
- *Soya sauce – (I keep it optional as its better to avoid) – 3- 4tbsp
- Chilli Sauce – 3 – 4 tbsp
- Stir & Fry hot and sweet garlic sauce – 60 ml
- Salt (noon) – taste wise
- Turmeric (optional) – a pinch
*** To convert the cooking measurements of the ingredients, click here.
For the sauces, you can use the Stir & Fry (Ching’s or Dragon) Chinese Sauces available in almost all superstore outlets
Pre Cooking Preparation
- Heat almost 500ml of water in a pan. Once the water nears to boiling, add the macaronis and add 1tbsp of oil to it. Let it boil for 5 mins and then turn off the flame
- Chop the vegetables (potatoes, tomatoes, carrot, capsicum, mushrooms) into small dices so that it cooks off easily
- Remove small flowerettes of the cauliflower almost the size of the chopped vegetables
(always soak the cauliflowers and mushrooms in water added with a pinch of salt and turmeric to wash of any kind of germs and bacteria and restore good food bacteria)
- Take a pan, pour the oil and heat it for a minute. Add the chopped green chillies
- Add all the vegetables we chopped initially and fry in a low flame, till fried
- Add the salt as per taste ( few Bengalis prefer adding slight Turmeric for a yellow colour)
- Now remove the fried vegetables from he pan and keep it aside in a plate
- Pour the remaining oil to the pan and add the macaronis and stir fry for 2 mins
- Add the fried vegetables to the cooking macaronis and fry them all for 3 – 4 mins
- Now add the chilli sauce, tomato sauce/ketchup, soya sauce(optional) and stir fry for another 4 – 5 mins
- Now add the “Stir & Fry Sauce” and “Sweet Garlic Sauce” (if you have managed to get it from the market) and stir fry for another 3 – 4 mins
- Add salt as per taste and cover it. Let it cook for a while
- Optional- If you want a little gravy then you can add a teacup of water and just boil once and remove immediately from the flame. Do not forget to add salt again as we added water to it!
Your Pasta is ready… Get ready to chow down!
No Tips! You have one? Send it across to us over email or leave it in the comments section below. We will have it right up here marking it as your tip!